Here at Normandy Research, we take your privacy concerns very seriously. We will not sell your information to any third-party for any reason.
From time to time, we may conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior. This will be based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site, or based upon the information on our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we’ve received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, or any other purpose, simply contact our customer service by clicking here.
We will also send you occasional discount alerts and notices about products and services that we think may interest you. If you would prefer us not to send you those notices, again, simply email us.
Sometimes we will ask for personal information when providing special features and services. You do not necessarily have to give us that information, but without it, you may not be able to take advantage of the products or services as they are advertised. For example, you may not be able to gain access to certain products or portions of our website unless you register and/or subscribe.
Our customers are the most important thing to us. That means providing a safe and enjoyable experience with our website and products. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, and we will take every necessary precaution to ensure it is safe.
Because we gather certain information about our users, we at Normandy Research feel that our subscribers and readers should fully understand our policies, and the terms and conditions surrounding the attainment and use of our information. The below privacy statement will disclose what information Normandy Research gathers, how Normandy Research uses said information, as well as repeat what is stated above.
Information that Normandy Research gathers and keeps track of:
1. The information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive information via email, our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
2. The information Normandy Research gathers through aggregated tracking information. This information is generally derived by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information is what allows Normandy Research to better tailor our content to our visitors’ and readers needs, and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience.
Normandy Research gathers user information in the following processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We either currently offer the following services, or may in the future. These services may require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy (Normandy News Bulletin and Bourbon & Bayonets Newsletter)—We offer a totally free electronic newsletter, Bourbon & Bayonets, to readers and subscribers. Normandy Research gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to their subscriber management page. Users will also be subscribed to all Normandy newsletters at the time of registration to our site, or by agreeing to receive a special report or offer from Normandy Research.
It is never our intention to send unwanted e-mails. We take great care to ensure all our e-mails go to interested parties, and take complaints regarding any unwanted mail very seriously. If you feel you’ve been subscribed to our list in error, please contact a customer service representative immediately here.
From time to time, newsletter subscribers may also receive offers from Normandy Research regarding our premium subscription services, as well as advertisements from affiliated networks through the Normandy News Bulletin electronic newsletter.
We will never share any personal information, beyond general demographic information, with any third party.
2. Message boards, chat rooms, and forums policy—Users of this website’s message boards, chat rooms and forums must register separately for these services in order to post messages. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address. On our website, we also offer paid subscriptions to readers who are interested in our premium services. Maintaining privacy on all personal information is a very high priority for Normandy Research. We seek to protect all this data as best as we can, and will not share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party unless our subscribers are notified beforehand.
3. ‘Forward to a friend’ policy—Our site users may choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone they know or a social media site of their choice by clicking one of our share button features. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information will be used in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email.
4. Polling and Surveys—At times, Normandy Research may offer our visitors and readers interactive polls or opinion surveys so they can share their thoughts with other website users or content creators. Normandy Research may use a web system to identify users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on each particular question. This tag is often not correlated with any other data regarding that individual user. Sometimes, Normandy Research may share the aggregated demographic data from surveys with our sponsors or partners, to help our users get information or advertisements we think they would be interested in. We will not share your personal information with any third-party, however.
5. Children—The protection of children is of the upmost importance to Normandy Research. Accordingly, we remain in compliance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). As such, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Other Information Gathering
6. Usage tracking—Normandy Research has the ability to track user traffic patterns throughout our site. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Normandy Research does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s browser type, domain name, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string, which is information contained in every user’s browser.
Normandy Research may, at times, track and catalog any search terms that readers may enter in our websites search bar function. We do not track what individual users read. This cataloging is not correlated to individual readers. Instead, we use tracking information to determine which areas of our site may need addressing, and what articles and subjects are popular for our readers.
We at Normandy Research understand that life throws the occasional curveball. We all have ups and downs, which is why we strictly adhere to a simple refund policy for all of our annual subscription services of a 30-day trial period.
If, during your first month of your annual subscription you decide that our newsletter is not for you, we’ll send you a complete refund, no questions asked. If you decide you’d like to cancel, simply let us know and we will remove all of your information from our databases.
We do not allow Keywords stuffed in the name field. You must use your name or nick name for commenting. Comments using keywords such as ‘Stock Market’ or similar will be flagged as SPAM and deleted.
Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared.
Language and Manners
This blog is written in English, so leave your comments in English. Normandy Research is a ‘family friendly site’ therefore any comment that includes offensive or inappropriate language, and/or considered rude by our editorial staff will be edited or deleted. This is a friendly community, so please behave yourself.
A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted. All SPAM comments will be deleted because they do not add value to the site.
We love resources as they can be really helpful sometimes, but in order to prevent SPAM and assure quality, we must limit links on the comments. Do not add more than two links in the comment. If you do so, your comment will be added for further review. Do not sign your comments with a backlink to your site. They will be removed.
No Personal Attack Comments Permitted
In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
All Rights Reserved
Normandy Research staff reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. We also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
All comments within Normandy Research are the responsibility of the commenter, not the staff of Normandy Research. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and you agree to hold Normandy Research, all subsidiaries of Normandy Research, and all representatives of Normandy Research harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
If you have any questions regarding the policy, you may contact us.